A teacher can have a really big impact on our lives. Starting from a young age they help to mentor and guide us as we grow.
And as we get older they can shape what we achieve later on in life. Be that in both our careers and personal lives. So a good teacher is an absolute blessing.
Which is why when one of those important teachers decides to retire we should celebrate the role they’ve had. A great way to do so is by sending a card that contains retirement wishes for teachers that let them know how much you appreciate all they did and will miss them.
But you might be struggling with finding the right words for your wishes and message. It can be hard expressing exactly how important your teacher was to you.
As well as all the vital lessons they taught you. Can you fit all that into a short message in a card? Well thankfully we’ve put together the best selection of retirement wishes for teachers to help you say precisely what you feel.
So use the retirement quotes for teachers below to really say what they meant to you, and give them the send off they deserve before they head off into the sunset of a happy retirement.
Teacher Retirement Wishes
- Thank you for your endless patience, motivation and persistence. You helped me become the person I am today! Happy Retirement!
- To the worlds best teacher – have an amazing retirement!
- Dear teacher, I’m going to miss you so much. You helped me achieve more than I could have ever imagined. Enjoy your retirement!
- You’ve been the perfect teacher and inspired all of us. I will miss you more than I can say. Have a great retirement.
- I was blessed to have you as my teacher. So much of what I’ve done in my life is down to you. So thank you, and have a happy retirement.
- I know I’m supposed to wish you a happy retirement but I’m going to miss you so much I’m not sure I can! Promise you won’t forget your favourite student?
- Education is one thing, but you gave so much more. You helped me rise and soar. I’ll miss you. Have a wonderful retirement
- I knew this was coming but we didn’t want to face it. You were and still are the best teacher anyone could have. I don’t know what school will be like without you now. But have an amazing retirement.
- Most teachers come and go but you are the real deal. I can’t thank you enough for you’re inspiring lessons. I hope you enjoy your retirement and have lots of fun!
- Teachers like you can help even the most lost child find their way. You’re a one in a million and I’m so lucky to have been taught by you. Happy retirement.
Happy Retirement Teacher
- After dedicating your life to children it’s time to look after yourself. Have a great retirement.
- Your retirement is an accumulation of years of hard work, of the help and support you’ve given to children, and the inspiration you’ve been to everyone. You can look back on your career and be so proud.
- You were a miracle, a teacher sent by God to help me when I needed you most. I feel blessed to have been taught by you. But now I want you to enjoy your retirement to the fullest.
- Learning from a good teacher is an experience that can sometimes be more profound than the education itself. You have given me just that. Thank you, farewell and have a great retirement.
- Your dedication to your work and patience with us students has been remarkable. I’m so sad you’re leaving us but wish you all the best with our retirement.
- Your hard work and dedication to education should be commended. After years of helping others it’s time to look after yourself. Wishing you a brilliant retirement.
- I can’t believe you won’t ever stand at the front of the class and inspire us anymore. I’m going to miss your classes and your patience with us, even when we didn’t deserve it. I hope your retirement is all you hope it will be and more.
- The dedication you’ve shown to helping the young find their way is such an inspiration. Your care and attention is to be admired. So take a break and have the time of your life as you retire.
- It’s time for us to say goodbye. You’ll soon be enjoying life at a quieter and slower pace there will be more time to spend with family and friends. Please remember all your students as we will miss you!
Teacher Retirement Quotes
- You’re leaving us with priceless memories and lessons that will last forever. We couldn’t ask for any more. Thank you, and have a wonderful retirement.
- Good teachers are the reason why ordinary students go on to achieve amazing things. Wishing you a truly happy retirement.
- You will always be in our hearts. Thank you for being a truly inspirational teacher. Good luck with your retirement.
- We may have acted like we hated school but your classes were what kept us going. Thank you, and have a special retirement.
- Congratulations on an amazing career. You were the perfect teacher. I’ll miss you.
- You will forever remain in the hearts of the students you touched. Happy retirement to an outstanding teacher!
- There will be hugs and tears, and although I’m sad you’re retiring I will always cherish everything I learnt from you. Happy retirement.
- I wonder how many young lives you’ve helped, and how many of them think of you and what you did for them. I know I’ll always treasure your wisdom and guidance. Thank you for everything and enjoy retirement.
- We may be bidding you farewell but our hearts will never say goodbye to the wonderful things you’ve taught us. Happy retirement!
- They might hire another teacher but nobody will be able replace the special place you’ve taken in our hearts. Have a joyous retirement.
Retirement Messages for Teachers
- I’ll miss you as my teacher, but miss you more as someone I could call a friend. Enjoy your retirement.
- Even though you’re retiring the values and knowledge that you have given to your students will never retire.
- The school will feel so empty and our classrooms won’t be the same without the inspirational presence of a teacher like you.
- The contribution and improvements you made to my learning, discipline and life in general are hard to explain. I can honestly say I wouldn’t have made it this far without you though. Thank you for everything and enjoy your well earned retirement.
- As you spend your last few days in school, I wanted to thank you for being such an awesome teacher.
- We will miss your wisdom and experience, but most of all, we will miss the encouragement you have been to us. We wish you the happiest of retirements.
- I know not just our class but the whole school will be sad today. Losing a teacher like you to retirement is going to be tough for everyone to take. Promise you’ll come back and visit!
- Every single day you strived to inspire us. Even during the toughest times you were here to help us through. No one will forget you and the memories will live on long after you retire. Farewell.
- You deserve the biggest party ever! This school should rename itself after you! Why? Because you’re the greatest teacher anyone could ever have. Enjoy your retirement.
- You can take some comfort knowing you retire will so much respect and love from each and every one of your students. Happy retirement.
Retirement Wishes for Teacher Colleagues
- You have been a brilliant teacher and highly valued colleague. We will miss you. Happy retirement.
- It’s been great to teach alongside you and I learned so much. Congratulations and best of luck with your retirement.
- You did everything you could to help your students shine. Thanks for being a teacher so passionate and caring, we are all at a loss that you are now retiring.
- It won’t feel like the same school without you. Your presence will be missed by teachers and students alike. But you’ve earned a rest! So enjoy your retirement.
- Retirement for a teacher means giving up a job, not giving up the right to teach. Even after you retire, I hope you never stop imparting wisdom and teaching kids the important lessons of life. Happy retirement.
- Congratulations on an amazing career. You’ve had an incredible impact on so many children’s lives. You should be so proud.
- Your legacy will continue on long after you retire and help to inspire the next generation of kids. Happy retirement!
- You always put the children first and that made you a fantastic teacher. We were lucky to have you as a colleague. Happy retirement.
Funny Retirement Teacher Quotes
- If you thought that dealing with crazy students was the hardest thing you had to do in your life, wait till you have to deal with grandkids after retirement! Good luck.
- Welcome to a new phase of your life when you will no longer associate numbers with grades, bells with classes and a marker pens with a whiteboards. Have fun!
- Today is your Retirement Day and Independence Day because you will finally get freedom from quarreling kids, annoying students, dominating supervisors and a nagging principal. Happy retirement.
- Your retirement is a celebration of the patience and tolerance you showed in putting up with annoying students all your life. Congratulations.
- I wish I could become the President of this university, if only for a day… I would cancel your retirement, and for a longer tenure pave the way.
- Dear teacher, retirement is when life finally comes around and asks you to go on a permanent vacation. Happy retirement.
We hope these retirement wishes for teachers have helped you to say happy retirement to a teacher and show them how much you are going to miss them.