When a coworker decides to retire there’s a good chance your office or workplace will do something to celebrate them. This might be in the form of a party or gift, but one thing you can be fairly certain is they’ll get a retirement card. And that means you will need to include your own retirement wishes for a coworker.
Don’t worry though as this doesn’t need to be too extravagant or over the top. You can of course go into how much they meant to you or how much you will miss them, if that’s the case. But you are free to keep it very short and simple as well. Judge the type of message you want to write on your relationship with your colleague and how close you are.
So use one or more of the retirement wishes for coworkers below. You’re free to copy them as they are, change them slightly to fit your situation or as inspiration to write your own.
Retirement Wishes for Coworker
- I could almost envy you all those free hours away from crazy and complaining clients, phones that ring endlessly and sometimes too high expectations from the superiors. Those end now. Enjoy your retirement, my friend!
- You are free at last my friend, so go and enjoy your freedom and find something less stressful to do. Happy retirement to you.
- I just want to say, “Thank You.” You always listened, you always had something constructive to say, and you always offered support and encouragement with an unflagging spirit. I’ve learned so much from you, and I will miss working with you. Keep in touch, please. Now go.. go on, get the skis out, find the canoe, get started on the “to be read” pile. Enjoy! You deserve it.
- This company grew because you were a very important part of it. Now that you are leaving we know that you will be irreplaceable and much as we would have liked you to stay on the time to say good bye has come. You will surely be missed.
- You’re an important part of this company and now you’re retiring, you’ll surely be missed. I pray that you enjoy all the years ahead. Happy retirement.
- We have had our good days and bad days here on the job but one thing that I learned about you is that you never give up and you never bow down in defeat. May this courage and strength take you far, and may you enjoy your retirement. Best wishes to you.
- Best wishes for a very happy retirement. Thank you for everything you’ve done for me directly and indirectly; it’s much appreciated and I shall miss working with you. And, of course, if you decide retirement means you’ve time to follow some artistic dreams, go for them…
- You always dreamed of being your own boss and now it is finally happening. From today and onwards you are answerable only to yourself, take coffee breaks when you feel like, your lunch breaks can be as long as you want them to be, and best of all you don’t have to come to work at all. Happy retirement to you.
- Your guidance and encouragement have helped me and so many other coworkers thrive in a very competitive environment, and we’ve been so fortunate to have your expertise to rely on. You’ll be missed, but I know your retirement is the right thing at this time. May the next phase of your life bring you all that you seek and more.
- Just wanted to say that I found so many of your ideas inspiring. It’s hard to imagine our workplace without you! I hope retirement brings you the chance to do whatever it is that you always wanted to do but didn’t get to. All the best!
Retirement Quotes for Coworkers
- We’re really going to miss you! Hope you’ll enjoy every minute of your retirement. Best wishes!
- We’ll miss you. But, the time is right for you. I sincerely hope that retirement is wonderful and I wish you lots of joyous time with your family.
- To say you will be missed seems like such an understatement. You are one of those rare people who instantly became a friend instead of “just” a coworker. There are no words to truly reflect how much we will miss working with you. Not to worry, though, I’ll stalk you on Facebook! Now, get out there and show the world just how much fun is possible.
- You are the kind of people that brings the best in others! Thank you for everything you did. Wishing you a life full of success and happiness!
- Working with you was such a pleasure. I always appreciated your thoughtful, steady approach to solving any problem large or small. You proved that it doesn’t take a loud voice to accomplish tremendous things. Best of luck, and enjoy your retirement!
- Retirement opens the door to new opportunity. I can’t come with you in your new endeavors, but my highest hopes for your future can. Happy retirement.
- Having someone like you as a coworker has been no less than a gift. Wishing you a wonderful retired life ahead!! You will be missed, but never forgotten.
- Best wishes on your retirement. Enjoy the opportunity to do wonderful things just for you.
- Thank you for brightening our days on job with all beautiful moments that you gave to us. Thank you for the incredible energy that you brought into our team. You indebted us! Happy retirement!
- I wish from the bottom of my heart to say – I couldn’t have wished for a better coworker. Enjoy your retirement and continue to spread your positive energy! Happy retirement!
Retirement Wishes for a Friend and Coworker
- To both a friend and colleague – have a wonderful retirement and enjoy your new found freedom.
- Happy retirement day to my best work buddy! You’ve earned a lovely long rest after years of hard work.
- It’s been a pleasure to have you as a colleague. Throughout the time we’ve worked together we’ve become such good friends that I’m really going to miss you. But I’m so pleased you’re getting to retire and can enjoy doing whatever you want from now on.
- Best wishes for a fantastic retirement and hoping you get to do everything you have been dreaming about now. The world is your oyster my friend!
- Raiding my glass to you and your amazing career. You have been a great coworker but an ever better friend. Happy retirement.
- Here’s to your retirement and the exciting new chapter in your life. I just know it will bring you years of happiness and good times.
- May you find happiness and joy as you retire. Congratulations my long suffering colleague and friend!
- Wishing you all the best as you embark on the next phase of your life. I’m sure retirement is going to be everything you’ve hoped for and more.
- I’m going to miss our gossiping and the long coffee breaks we took. It’s not going to be the sane without you. Happy retirement.
- To a great friend and brilliant colleague – may you look forward to long lie-in’s and no more traffic jams!
Funny Retirement Messages for Coworkers
- I would like to extend my condolences to your employer for the devastating loss. Happy retirement!
- Retirement adds 5 days to your weekend! Enjoy it!
- “I enjoy waking up and not having to go to work. So I do it three or four times a day.” – Gene Perret
- The best time to start thinking about your retirement is before the boss does.
- Your retirement brings out a lot of emotions in me, but I’d have to say envy is the biggest one.
- Your retirement will leave an empty space in our hearts, not to mention the break room fridge.
- Retirement is just a never-ending vacation! Lucky you!
- This place won’t be the same without you. In case you’re wondering, that’s a compliment.
We hope you have found these retirement wishes for coworkers useful in writing a retirement card for a colleague or saying how much you’re going to miss them.