When your boss decides to retire then it only seems right to wish them luck with the new phase of their life. Depending on your relationship with him or her will determine the type of retirement message you choose to use.
You will want to get your retirement wishes for boss just right. If they were a mentor and inspiring figure to you then it’s understandable to want to express this as you wish them the best for the future.
But it can be difficult to find the words when they’ve meant that much to you. Alternatively if your relationship was much less close and purely on a worker-boss type level then a short and informal message will suffice.
You can pick one of the retirement Wishes for your boss below or just use them as inspiration to come up with your own. Whatever type of message you choose to use to wish your boss a happy retirement you can be sure they will appreciate the sentiment and effort you have shown.
Short Retirement Wishes for Boss
These short retirement messages for your boss as perfect as a quick few words in a card or note.
- Happy retirement, boss!
- Congratulations on your retirement. Enjoy yourself now!
- Wishing you many years of blissful retired living!
- I hope your retirement is everything you dreamed it would be.
- Enjoy your well earned retirement, boss.
- We are going to miss you! Farewell and enjoy being retired!
- Goodbye, boss. Kick back and relax now.
- Don’t forget about us! Happy retirement.
- You’ve done your time and made it out alive! Congratulations on retiring.
- May you have a very happy retired life.
Retirement Wishes for Boss
- It’s hard to believe that you’re retiring. But I know that your invaluable words of wisdom will be with me and all of us forever. Congratulations! And we wish you tons of happiness after your retirement. We’ll miss you.
- As you’re retiring from your work, I wish you a happy life filled with fun and joy.
- It always hurts to lose that one best person, who leads the pack at work and gets everything done. The person who moves ahead and takes everyone else along, who builds a winning team by making everyone strong. Farewell, boss.
- To one of the best people that the company/office has ever had. Congratulations on your retirement!
- Sometimes, the proper words of acknowledgment are tough to find for someone as great as you. Thank you! For always being around every time we needed you.
- We never had a dull moment or a slow day in the office when you were around. Even though you were the eldest, your spirit was the youngest. Goodbye.
- Congratulations on your retirement. And we wish you nothing but good health and joyous days in your retirement. Working under your leadership and guidance was truly an honor.
- You have been a big part of the company. Your knowledge and years of experience brought the company to where it is today. Thank you for all the hard work! We will miss you so much!
- Boss, as you prepare to pack up and retire today, we confess that we enjoyed annoying you in every possible way.
- A life without the daily traffic jams and mounts of paper work. Welcome to that rosy life my friend. Happy retirement!
- You have set a great example to everyone at work. You are our role model by the ways of your team work, diligence, efficiency and friendliness. Thank you for being someone we can look up to. Congratulations on your hard-earned retirement!
- The office will not be the same without you around. You will surely be missed! Congratulations on your retirement!
- Boss, I’m glad that you’re finally retiring. Now I’ll be able to tell you anything I want to without worrying about getting sacked. Good luck.
Retirement Quotes for Boss
- Congratulations on your retirement. The department will never be the same without your leadership. We will miss you.
- Not only you were my boss, you were also a great friend that I can turn to throughout our years together in the office/company. Cheers to a hard-earned and well-deserved retirement!
- All these years you may have been the boss, but now all that goes out for a toss. Retirement marks the end of your reigning thunder, because without your job title you’re no more than a mere commoner. Farewell.
- You are an embodiment of optimism and hard work. Thank you for inspiring us every day at work. We will miss you! Congratulations on your retirement!
- I cannot imagine how this place is going to function without you. ‘Til this day, you have been a strong mentor and a true leader to everyone.
- You will be remembered for how you always smiled even when things weren’t going so well… you never let your colleagues suffer even when on other problems, you had to dwell. Goodbye.
- We’re glad that you’re retiring, but disheartened as well. You were a one-of-a-kind boss who can never be replaced. Congratulations, and we wish you an stress-free retirement. You’ll be missed.
- Cheers to your well-earned retirement! The contributions that you have imparted the company are invaluable. You are one of the foundations to this company’s success! Congratulations!
- Your brilliance and your guidance has always inspired us to do better. You were not just a boss to us, but a mentor and a friend. Your presence will be missed. Happy Retirement to you.
- All the years of hard-work, stress, meetings and taxing overtimes are now over. You can sit back, relax and enjoy life on your own phase. Congratulations on your retirement!
- Having a boss like you at the workplace has been a gift. Thanks for being a bright light on dull days. Your advice, support, and cheerfulness will be greatly missed.
- Throughout your career you have been someone’s boss. Retirement is your chance to be your own. Congratulations.
- Working with you is one of the greatest pleasures I have ever had. I am lucky to be blessed with a cool, responsible and understanding boss. Congratulations on your retirement! You will be missed!
Retirement Messages for a Boss
- Your career’s biggest souvenirs are your colleagues’ good wishes. Happy retirement.
- You should retire with pride, not because you had a fantastic career and you finished on a high. You should retire with pride because your employees look up to you and want to be just like you when they retire. Congratulations boss, wish you a happy retirement.
- You may not be with us tomorrow, but your advice always keeps us motivated. You have a successful career no doubt, now the time has come to enjoy the life. Life is beautiful and retirement makes it perfect. Happy retirement.
- Most managers hate to retire. Because without a staff, it marks the pivotal point when they actually have to start doing all their work themselves!
- The time of handling work pressure and managing meeting has gone; it is your party time with the love of your life; achieve every joy of life now. Happy retirement.
- You were a great boss because more than instructions, you gave us direction and inspiration. Happy retirement.
- Your contribution is irreplaceable. Your dedication is immeasurable. Your guidance is invaluable. And your absence is unacceptable.
- The workplace will never be the same without you – the jokes, the laughter, the chats over coffee break and our Friday night out! We shared so many fun memories! You will surely be missed! Happy retirement!
- Until now you may have thought that life’s biggest battles are fought in the boardroom… but now as you retire and spend more time at home, you’ll realize that they’re actually fought in the kitchen! Good luck.
- Wishing you a new journey of success and happiness in the new page of your life. May you be showered with abundant opportunities to do what your heart desires. Happy retirement!
- If there was a rule where votes and not age was the deciding factor for retirement, you’d probably never get to retire.
- Working has been a big part of every adult’s life. We spend half of it working for a company where we can find priceless friends. The company we chose to work for has so many memories in it – remember my first day at work and my first promotion? I have shared most of those priceless moments with you. I would not be where I am today without you. I owe it to your unwavering patience in showing me the ropes. You will be missed dearly. Happy Retirement!
Retirement Farewell Messages for Boss
- Happy retirement boss! I hope the next chapter of your life is just as successful.
- I wish you all the best for your retirement. Thank you for the years of hard work you put into your role as boss.
- Congratulations on retiring! You have earned a big rest after having to manage us for so long!
- Being in charge is never easy but you were always fair and kind. We will miss you. Have a fantastic retirement.
- Sending our love and best wishes for your retirement. It’s going to be strange not having you around the office anymore.
- May you enjoy a very deserved retirement and do all the things you have wanted to for years now. You will be missed.
- You have been my boss the entire time I’ve worked here and I can’t imagine anyone else doing a better job. Have a really brilliant retirement.
- You may come across scary but we know you’re just a big teddy bear in reality! Happy retirement to the best boss in the world.
- No one will ever be able to replace you, boss. You leave behind a huge hole. But you more than most have truly earned your retirement so we wish you all the best for the future.
- Big congratulations as you retire. After decades of hard work it’s time to relax and take it easy. I won’t lie – I’m more than a little jealous! Enjoy!
Appreciation Retirement Messages for Boss
- I appreciate all you have done for me throughout your time as my boss. I will always look back fondly in that period. Have a wonderful retirement.
- Thank you for your guidance and help over the years. You have been an amazing boss and I appreciate all you did.
- You have always put others first and made everyone feel like they matters. You were a special boss and one we will miss very much. Thank you for your hard work and enjoy your retirement.
- Your dedication has never been in doubt. You strived to always achieve the best and brought up standards around you with those high expectations. Congratulations on a hard earned and very deserved retirement.
- I won’t forget what I learned from you and appreciate the lessons you taught me. It was amazing to have someone to look up to and as I continue on I will take what I learnt with me. Thank you and I hope you have a wonderful retirement.
- We pay tribute to your legacy and everything you have achieved. Congratulations on an incredible career and good luck with whatever you do next.
- You have been an outstanding leader and I know speak on behalf of everyone when I say how much we appreciate your hard work. You made working here so much better and you are going to be missed greatly.
- Congratulations on an excellent career and thank you for taking me under your wing. I learned so much from you and am grateful for the opportunities you gave me. I hope you get to enjoy a lovely retirement now.
- I will never forget all the things you have taught me whether at work or in life. You are one of the reasons I have fun working. Congratulations! Happy retirement!
- Even though your professional life has come to an end, we would like you to know that your legacy is eternal. Thank you for sharing your wisdom. It will remain unmatched.
We hope these retirement wishes for your boss have helped you to write a lovely message or send them a card as they retire.