What do you say to your dad who is about to retire? How do you say happy retirement to a father?
After years of hard work it’s going to be a big day when your dad retires. He’s put in all that hard work and now he’s getting the rewards.
So you will want to wish him a happy retirement and say something upbeat and positive. Let him know how pleased for him you are and how proud.
But if you’re not sure what to say then use these these heartfelt and meaningful retirement messages for dads to wish him a really happy retirement.
Retirement Quotes for Dad
- Dad, you have always been such a great father and I hope you have a very happy retirement.
- You have earned a break after years of hard work. Enjoy your retirement, dad!
- Thank you for your sacrifices dad and all you’ve done for the family. You always put us first and now it’s your turn. Let’s make your retirement amazing.
- Wishing the best dad in the world a wonderful retirement!
- I’m so pleased for you dad. You can now decide exactly what you want to do. It’s all up to you, and your choices. I hope you enjoy that freedom of retirement.
- Dear dad, congratulations on retiring and I hope it is filled with lots of excitement and interesting new opportunities for you.
- No more being told what to do. You are your own boss now! Happy retirement daddy.
- Wishing you so much happiness in this next chapter of your life dad. I just know it will bring you so much joy.
- Here’s to the beginning of a never ending vacation, dad – it’s called retirement!
- Retirement is a time for following your dreams and having time to do what you want. Embrace it dad and enjoy everything it brings.
- Congratulations on retiring dad. There is no one who more deserves of a long, extended break from work as you do.
Retirement Wishes for a Father
- May your retirement bring you the happiest of memories that last a lifetime. Happy retirement papa.
- Your dedication and hard work have been an incredible example to me. You’ve taught me so much and I hope you get to have a wonderful retirement dad.
- Congratulations dad. Here’s to your days being nothing but kicking back, relaxing and tons of fun.
- You know what the best part of your retirement is going to be? Getting to spend lots more time with me!
- You’ve had an amazing career and one you should rightly be proud of, dad. You deserve to have a long and magical retirement and I’m going to help make sure that’s what it is.
- You’ve always been my hero dad and I’m so delighted that you’re now going to have all these new exciting experiences with retirement. Enjoy every second of it.
- I know you don’t like a fuss dad but this is a pretty big deal! You don’t retire everyday. Anyway, we are so happy for you. Congratulations!
- All your hard work and commitment to your career has paid off. You now have the chance to enjoy not just this moment but the future ahead of. Retirement is all yours, seize it.
- I hope retirement brings you so much happiness, dad. Wishing you many years of stress-free living.
- I’m so pleased you’re retiring dad because selfishly it means we get to lots more time together! But I will make sure all that time is as special as it can be. Love you, dad!
- I know that you will embrace everything that retires brings and do so with the positive outlook you’ve had throughout your entire life. Happy retirement, dad.
RELATED: 72 Inspirational Retirement Quotes
Retirement Messages for Dad
- Here’s to many years of making amazing new memories and good health. Let your retirement be the best years of your life, dad.
- I feel blessed to have had a father like you who always put your family first and made us feel safe and secure. And that’s why I think you deserve the best retirement possible where you can put yourself first.
- The entire family is so proud of you, dad. You have always inspired us and we want you to have such a special retirement. Wishing you so much happiness.
- I know how excited you’ve been about your upcoming retirement and the free time it’s going to give you. I’m going to do all I can to help make it perfect and allow you to enjoy yourself all the time now. Congratulations dad!
- Never forget how much you are loved and needed by us, dad, your family and friends. Wishing you a brilliant retirement.
- To the best dad ever – happy retirement! You’re awesome and you’re going to have an awesome time enjoying being retired.
- May all your days be filled with good times and good health. Don’t feel bad about living it up now, dad. You have earned it.
- May today be just the start of a wonderful new chapter for you. I know you’ve got the best still ahead of you, dad.
- Now is the time to put yourself first and focus on your own happiness. You did so much for us and we want you to have the retirement we know you deserve.
- No one can tell you what to do anymore, dad. You’re the boss now! Do whatever you want and never feel bad for doing so. Happy retirement.
- Here’s to the new chapter of your life bringing you laughter, happiness and good times! Happy retirement dad
Retirement Message to Dad from Daughter
- Thank you for being a dad that was always there for his family. You had to sacrifice so much and try to juggle family life with a career. Wishing you a very happy retirement.
- Dear dad, I’m overwhelmed as you reach retirement. It’s such an amazing feeling to see you earn a break and rest from work. Now savor that freedom!
- I love you dad and I’m sure that you’re going to love retired living. Getting to spend time with your favorite daughter is just one of the benefits! But it will be great, I know, and I’m wishing you so much love.
- Congratulations dad! It’s amazing news that we’ve got to the point where you can finally retire. It’s going to be so great for you. With love from your daughter.
- Happy retirement to my loving father. You’ve done enough now. It’s time to have a proper rest, get to relax and do whatever you want (or nothing at all!).
- Love you, dad! It’s wonderful that work no longer has a hold over you and you have the chance to be yourself for once. Congratulations on retiring.
Retirement Message to Dad from Son
- Happy retirement, dad. Time to enjoy getting up at midday and no more commutes and traffic jams! Enjoy yourself, dad.
- Huge thanks for all you’ve done for the family. Now for the first time in decades you can put yourself first. Happy retirement.
- Big congratulations to you, dad. After putting in such hard work throughout your life you deserve to have the best retirement.
- There is not a single person who leave as much to me as you do, dad. So I hope your retirement is the best thing that has ever happened to you.
- Congrats dad! You are going to have a really some retirement.
- Happy retirement day, dad. This is going to be the beginning of the happiest days of your life.
Retirement Wishes Father in Law
- I am really happy for you and wishing you a retirement that brings you lots of joy.
- Happy retirement to my father in law! May you be blessed with lie-in’s and no more deadlines.
- Here’s to a long, relaxing and stress free retirement!
- Congratulations and best wishes for your retirement. No excuses not to spend lots of time with your favorite daughter in law now!
- May every day of your retirement be filled with nothing but rest and relaxation.. and maybe a drink or two.
- Good luck for your retirement. You’ve had an impressive career and deserve this time off now.
We hope these retirement messages for dads have provided some inspiration for what to say to your dad when he retires. Speak from the heart and let him know what he means to you as well as how happy you are for him. He will no doubt appreciate anything you have to say.